Return to CALL resources page
Return to the handout on Concordancing with Students
See Text Analysis: Sources of Text Corpora
See Text Analysis: Concordance and Collocation
The following exercise has been created using authentic text. Each example in the exercise is from a line of text in the original data. This is why letters may be missing from the beginning or end of each line.
Directions: Fill in the blanks below with the words above, as appropriate.
1. oddly breathless. ^*"But my wife __________ me that I have an appointment at
2. ver was in love with her? ^But she __________ herself, he doesn't say things l
3. e could have blamed him. ^Then she __________ how he had been passed over, and
4. for women over men). ^It should be __________ here that for these informants t
5. lt herself stiffening again as she __________ his voice and manner. ^She would
6. country where each blade of grass __________ her of him. ^She wondered if he
7. uilt the villa for his family. ^He __________ her that they must abide by Roma
8. of the twenties and thirties*- one __________ for her vivacity in musicals, an
9. he thought from his mind. ^Tarrant __________ how close he himself had come to
10. a horrid experience, and must have __________ Georgina of adventure in Italy l
Click here to see how this exercise was made.
Visits since April 25, 1999 -:
Use your browser's BACK buttonto return to a previous page
For comments, suggestions, or further information on this page, contact Vance Stevens, page author and webmaster.